This post was originally published on January 15, 2018.
If you’re looking for a healthy but sweet treat, you’re in the right place! Featured today on Theresa’s Reviews is a recipe for Berry Banana Chocolate Yogurt Bark. Made with fresh ingredients, this works well for a snack or a dessert, and is a nice way to show someone that they are “Berry Special” to you for Valentine’s Day!
Berry Banana Chocolate Yogurt Bark
For the new year, if you’ve been looking for a way to get healthier ingredients in your food, this dish is a great pick. It’s also simple to make! You can add pretty much anything into it, but we used what we happened to have in our home.When you’re craving something sweet, this mixture of berries, banana, and chocolate is very satisfying! It’s also high protein with the Greek yogurt, but you could even add some Coconut Protein Blend for extra protein.
Check out the recipe for this tasty treat so you can make it too!
Berry Banana Chocolate Yogurt Bark Recipe
1 container Greek Yogurt
- Mix the Greek yogurt with maple syrup. Add however much maple syrup you would like. The dish is more bitter but healthier if you use less maple syrup.
- Use a spoon to flatten the yogurt mixture on parchment paper on a baking pan.
- At the same time, stir the chocolate in a double boiler until the melts. Make sure to stir often so the chocolate does not burn.
- When the yogurt is flat on the parchment paper, add the toppings. Put berries evenly across the yogurt. Then add bananas. Drizzle the chocolate on top of the fruit and yogurt. Finally, add granola.
- Put the tray in the freezer until it freezes completely. Make sure that the middle is frozen by pressing lightly with a spoon.
- Take the tray out when you’re ready to eat the bark. Cut it using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Leave any that you aren’t going to eat in the freezer to keep it cool. Serve and enjoy!
Make sure you eat the bark quickly after removing it from the freezer. The bark will start to melt within minutes and it tastes best when frozen completely.
With a treat this delicious, it works just as well for breakfast, a snack, or dessert! Although it’s tasty year round (and has a refreshingly cool taste for summer), it also works well for Valentine’s Day. Simply pair it with a card saying, “You are berry special.”
What is your favorite topping? Share in the comments!