Today’s modern lifestyle demands a healthy meal that keeps you full for hours. Furthermore, the busy schedule also needs a recipe that can be cooked easily. So, it is really difficult sometimes to look for the same combination.
But you will be surprised to know that a few recipes will satisfy both of your wishes. One such dish is the Ground Beef Taco Meat Recipe.
It is healthy, time-saving, and easy to prepare. Thus, it is a good option for people who have a very busy schedule. The recipe is easy, and you won’t need any extra preparations.
It is a quick recipe and a good last-minute hack to impress the guests who have suddenly come to surprise you. Also, if you have nothing to cook for the next meal, try taco meat. You will definitely love the process.
Why Taco Meat?
- Easy to cook: Taco meat can be easily cooked. You only need approximately an hour to cook and make the preparations.
- Healthy and nutritious: Taco meat contains no fatty foods and is healthy to consume.
- A good option for parties: Taco meat can be easily prepared quickly. So, add taco meat when running short on time and looking for a good and tasty dinner.
- It can be easily doubled or tripled: That’s another benefit associated with taco meat recipes. You can make a lot of meat at once and then serve it at parties.
- No preparation is required: You do not have to start preparing taco meat one or two days before making it. So, if you suddenly feel like munching tacos, you can do it, and that too within an hour.
Requirements for Preparing Taco Meat
Before we move on to the recipe for this amazing taco meat, it is important to look at the ingredients and materials required. You do not need too many materials or ingredients to make taco meat.
You do not have to rush to the market to gather all the items. Everything is easily available in the kitchen itself. A few of the things you need are mentioned in the tables below.
As per taste
As per taste
As per taste
As per taste
As per taste
Step-By-Step Guide on How to Make Taco Meat?
The recipe for taco meat is one of the easiest recipes you might have seen. Once you have gathered all the ingredients, wait no further and begin your journey to cooking a tasty plate of taco meat. For your ease, the steps are mentioned below.
Step 1: Cook the Ground Beef
The very first step involved in cooking taco meat is cooking ground beef. First of all, heat the skillet for a while. Also, add oil to it. Then, in the skillet, place the beef.
While cooking the ground beef, ensure that it has turned brown. After that, you can drain the extra oil or fat from the beef. Avoid overheating because doing so will burn the beef.
Step 2: Roast the Onions
To the skillet, add finely chopped onions and garlic. Roast them until they turn brown. Onions are generally added to add extra flavor to the taco meat.
You can roast the onions for 5 to 6 minutes on low heat. Avoid heating at a high temperature, as this will spoil the taste of the onions and give a burnt taste to the taco meat.
Step 3: Mix Seasonings
The next step involved in the process of making taco meat is adding seasonings. Add oregano, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, tomato sauce, etc. Mix them well in a glass bowl.
Do not forget to add salt to the seasonings as per your taste. You can also add other seasoning ingredients according to your taste preferences.
Step 4: Mix Seasonings with the Meat
Once you have mixed all the seasonings well with each other, add them to the taco meat. Cook the ingredients on low heat for some time.
You can cook it for 8 to 10 minutes or until half of the liquid evaporates. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, or wait until the sauce slightly thickens.
Step 5: Serve the Tasteful Taco Meat
Yes, your tasty meal of taco meat is now ready to serve. Eat it as a snack and enjoy a tasty meal with your family. You can add delicious toppings to the dish to make it more appealing.
There are many topping options, from which you can choose the one you find most appealing. It can be served in tortillas, sandwiches, and a lot more.
Topping Ideas for Taco Meat
There are several ideas for toppings that you can consider to make taco meat more exciting and flavorful. The most popular ones are mentioned below.
- Shredded cheese: Make your taco meat tortillas creamy by adding cheese. The cream will melt your heart, and you will love to eat more and more taco meat.
- Make it extra spicy: Add spicy sauce or chili to taco meat for some extra spicy flavor. This is ideal for people who like to spice things up.
- Shredded lettuce: Add a touch of vegetables to your meal by opting for shredded lettuce. It will help you add flavor to the taco meat.
How to Serve Taco Meat?
You can serve taco meat with a variety of dishes. It will add flavor to every dish it is served with. Below are a few options you can consider pairing taco meat with for a good meal.
- Salad: If you want a healthy snack, pair salad with taco meat. It will keep you full and serve as a good diet food for health-conscious people.
- Serve with sweet potatoes: An interesting way to eat them without fuss is by serving them with taco meat.
- Tortillas: Serving taco meat with tortillas makes it a good snack and more appealing. It will help you achieve a restaurant-like vibe at home.
- Complement it with a burger: Add some interest and nutrition using taco meat as a filling. It will serve as a great snack to keep you full for several hours.
- Taco meat pasta: Having leftover taco meat and wanting to make it exciting. Add veggies to it, and then relish. Moreover, this won’t take much time either.
- Pizza: Add a fun twist to your Pizza by serving it with taco meat. It will be a good way to use any leftover meat and, at the same time, be a healthy snack for you.
The options do not end with these few. You can add versatility to your meal by serving two or three dishes with taco meat. It will complete your meal and leave a positive impression on your guests.
Nutritional Information on Taco Meat
Another question that strikes one’s mind after going through the recipe is: Is taco meat healthy? Well, it is. Taco meat is healthy to consume with no side effects. It is a good source of protein and contains essential nutrients like iron, zinc, vitamins, etc.
On average, a single serving of taco meat contains 107 calories and 7 grams of fat, so it is a good option for health-conscious people. Moreover, it contains almost negligible sugar, so people with diabetes can eat Taco meat without worrying about their health.
It is also a good potassium source, making it worth considering. However, the exact value may differ depending on the toppings of the taco meat. So, you also need to consider the ingredients of the toppings while counting the calories.
Who would overlook a recipe that is not only healthy but can also be ready instantly? Noone. And taco meat is one of them.
It is a perfect combination of healthy, delicious, and instant, which makes it one of the most desirable options for busy people looking for something that won’t require extra preparations after a hectic day.
In addition to this, taco meat can be made more palatable and alluring by adding toppings and serving it with a variety of other dishes.
You can add more interest to your dish by experimenting more. If you have more time, you can think of more ways to make your taco meat meal distinctive.
So, what should we wait for now? Assemble all the ingredients and easily prepare your next luscious meal. Also, do not forget to share your experiences in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Ground Meat Should Be Used for Taco Meat?
You can use any ground meat. There are no particular specifications or recommendations. However, you can consider using simple ground beef, approximately 70-80 percent lean, to add flavor to taco meat.
How Do You Store Taco Meat?
If you intend to eat the taco meat later on, you can store it in the freezer for approximately three to four days. For this, let the taco meat cool for some time, then store it in an airtight container and place it in the freezer. But do not forget to reheat the taco meat when you consume it.