Sauces are incredibly helpful, aren’t they? Imagine eating a fried bonefish without sauce on a lovely weekend. Doesn’t it sound lackluster, like the same boring food you have eaten for weeks?
No more bland meals! We have your back with bang bang sauce recipe that can add extra flavor to your dish and tantalize your taste buds.
Whether you want to enhance flavors, repurpose leftovers, or make your dish stand out with a lovely presentation, Bang Bang sauce has covered you.
Its authentic taste is reminiscent of the sauce served in several restaurants, elevating your homemade dishes to new heights. And the best part is… It takes hardly 5 min to prepare this luscious accompaniment.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive in and explore how this luscious accompaniment can elevate your culinary delights.
Easy to Cook This Luscious Sauce
Bang Bang Sauce is among the few recipes with limited ingredients that can be prepared in minutes. It plays a neutral role in the body; hence, anyone of any age can enjoy its delicacy to the fullest. It is versatile and can be used as an accompaniment to various dishes.
If you’re wondering what all things it goes well with, here is the answer. It complements pasta, salads, french fries, spring rolls, stuffed bread, sandwiches, and many more snacks. In short, it’s loveable and favorable, elevating any dish’s taste.
Ingredients and Kitchen Essentials for Making Bang Bang Sauce
Ever happened to you that you excitedly started the cooking process and suddenly realized that you were out of a particular ingredient or tool? It annoys, right? No one likes intervention? Therefore, we have compiled a list of all the ingredients and tools required to make bang-bang sauce.
|Item Name||Amount Required|
|Sweet Chilli Thai Sauce||¼ cup|
|Red Chilli Paste||1 tablespoon|
|Salt||According to requirement|
|Rice Wine Vinegar||1 tablespoon|
- Mayonnaise: Its creamy base gives bang bang sauce a smooth and rich texture. You can use regular mayo to bind all the elements, creating a cohesive and delicious sauce.
- Sweet Chilli Thai Sauce: This gives the sauce a sweet and spicy taste, adding mild heat to the overall flavor.
- Red Chilli Paste: Adds some extra heat with a spicy punch. So, if you’re someone who doesn’t like fiery things, you can avoid adding it.
- Honey: It backs up the sweet taste and balances the spicy flavor. But yeah, it’s optional if you’re satisfied with the sweetness of Thai chili sauce.
- Salt: Basic need of all dishes. Use a pinch to balance the flavor; otherwise, your bang bang sauce might taste bland.
- Rice Wine Vinegar: The mild natural vinegar provides a tangy taste to the sauce. While tangy flavor adds a zing to the sauce, its mild nature forbade it from overpowering other ingredients.
|Measuring Spoon||Cheese Shredder|
- Measuring Spoon: If you’re a newbie in the kitchen, that’ll help add every ingredient in the right proportion, ensuring the accuracy of your recipes.
- Chef knife: This helps cut all the veggies in a proper shape so they don’t taste uneven or rough while chewing. Also, the proper and even shape adds to the presentation well.
- Mixing Bowl: Helps combine all the ingredients well, ensuring they are thoroughly mixed and infused. This is essential for achieving a harmonious and balanced bang-bang sauce.
- Whisk: A hand blender that evenly mixes all the ingredients, ensuring a smooth and cohesive paste.
- Cheese Shredder: Presentation of food matters, and this helps shred the garnishing ingredients properly and cohesively.
- Spatula: This is optional for the cooking process but helpful in serving, ensuring each one gets served with a satisfying amount.
Steps to Prepare Bang Bang Sauce
Now that you have all the prerequisites ready follow these steps to prepare the delectable bang bang sauce.
Preparation mainly involves mixing the base ingredients, seasoning and adjusting, and chilling and garnishing.
Step 1: Mixing the Base Ingredients
- Take a mixing bowl and add ½ cup mayonnaise to it.
- Add ¼ cup of sweet chili Thai sauce to it.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of honey and add it to the bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of red chili paste.
- Add 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar to balance the taste.
Cooking Tip: Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sauce stuck on the sides of the mixing bowl.
Step 2: Seasoning and Adjusting
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of garlic powder into the mixing bowl.
- Add salt accordingly to enhance the flavors.
- Use a whisk to mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Continue mixing till the sauce turns smooth and well blended.
- Taste a bit, and season it as you like if something is up or down. If you want more spicy, add red chili paste; for a sweeter taste, add more honey.
Cooking Tip: Gradually add buttermilk and mix well for a creamier texture. Don’t use it excessively; otherwise, your bang bang sauce will taste like a sweeter liquid.
Step 3: Garnishing
- Cover the bowl containing the sauce with a lid or any food wrap.
- Let it refrigerate for at least 30 min before serving.
- Chop fresh cilantro using a grater. (Optional)
- Remove the sauce, uncover it, and garnish it with chopped cilantro.
Cooking Tip: Take out that much sauce that is required for immediate use, seal again, pack the rest, and refrigerate. You can store the sauce for up to 2 weeks or more.
Different Flavors of Bang Bang Sauce
- Mango Tango Twist: Add a tropical touch to your sauce with mango pulp. The natural sweetness will add several delightful flavors to your sauce, suitable to complement grilled chicken and shrimp.
- Smokey Chipotle Infusion: Add chipotle peppers dipped in adobo sauce to provide a smokier and more robust taste to Bang Bang sauce. Perfect for coating tacos and roasted veggies.
- Creamy Avocado Indulgence: If you want a healthier option, blend ripe avocado and infuse it with the sauce. The luscious mixture works as an excellent dressing for salads and vegetable platters.
- Asian Sesame Fusion: To infuse Asian taste in bang bang sauce, add sesame oil that will elevate the overall taste of the sauce with a nutty aroma. This flavor complements rolls, dumplings, and stir-fry dishes.
- Wasabi Wonder: For a bold and spicy flavor, Wasabi can be a great option. The mixture pairs well with sushi or tempura.
- Pineapple Paradise: Bang Bang sauce ingredients can be combined with the tangy sweetness of pineapple juice instead of honey for a great tropical delight. This can be a good choice as a combination with grilled meats or as a dipping sauce.
Alternative Ingredients To Prepare Bang Bang Sauce
Not every ingredient stocks up in a household, and not every ingredient suits everyone. Therefore, it’s better to have substitute ingredients than to take the bag, step down quickly, and run to the nearest grocery store. Here is the list of substitutes that will save you from unnecessary hassle.
- Greek Yoghurt: A bit different but works well in place of mayonnaise, adding a tangier flavor to your sauce.
- Sriracha Sauce: It’s the best alternative if you’re out of red chili paste. It’ll add perfect spiciness and heat to your bang-bang sauce.
- Brown sugar: A readily available substitute for honey. It can be easily dissolved in the sauce, adding sweetness and caramel flavor.
What to Accompany with Bang Bang Sauce?
If you’re wondering what to accompany with delicious creamy bang bang soup. Here we offer some suggestions:
- Toss fried shrimp and other seafood in the sauce.
- If you’re eating a burger, place bang bang sauce on the patty and enjoy.
- Coat the sauce evenly around the tofu, cut with a knife, and relish.
- It is a dipping sauce for daily favorites like french fries, spring rolls, or chicken nuggets.
The ingredients used above in the recipe are enough to serve 6 persons comfortably. But yeah, you can easily adjust the amounts based on your guests’ demand and serving sizes. Let’s say you can serve around 6-8 teaspoons to each of your guests with a piece of short ribs.
So now you’re better prepared for small gatherings or even a large party as this versatile bang bang sauce recipe can be easily scaled up to complement various main course dishes. Its quick preparation time and pleasing taste will be a great add-on to your recipes. Serve and impress!
With every 3 teaspoons of bang bang sauce, you intake 80 calories and 1g of carbohydrates. It is rich in fats with negligible protein. Overall, its nutritional count neutralizes the body, allowing everyone to relish it to the fullest.
Bang Bang Sauce is versatile, complementing various dishes. It adds a delightful zing to any meal, from seafood delicacies to everyday favorites like pasta, salads, french fries, and noodles.
So now you don’t have to look for alternative sauces if it isn’t available during BBQ parties or family gatherings. Serve your dishes with bang bang sauce and let your guest enjoy the best accompaniment of your culinary delights.
Still thinking? Buck up! The ready-in-5-minute recipe will enhance your dish’s flavors and impress your guests. In the comment section below, let us know your opinion about our wholesome recipe.
Did your guests enjoy it? What did you serve along with it? We would love your feedback and any extra ingredients you have added to make it more delightful.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Practice for Storing Bang Bang Sauce?
You can store bang bang sauce in any air-tight vessel for around two weeks. However, to ensure this duration, avoiding adding ingredients close to their expiry date is best, as they might reduce the sauce’s shelf life.
How to Make a Healthier Bang Bang Sauce?
It doesn’t have any fat-rich ingredients apart from mayonnaise. So, for a healthier sauce, you can choose low-fat mayonnaise or Greek yogurt. These alternatives will help you enjoy a health-conscious version of bang bang sauce without compromising taste.
Are Bang Bang Sauce and Boom Boom the Same?
No, both sauces share some similarities in ingredients but differ in flavor. While bang bang sauce balances sweet and spicy flavors, boom boom has a tangy and tomatoey taste.